Are your wallplates starting to look a little worse for their wear? Have your white wallplates started to yellow? Perhaps you’re interested in a new look for your home? Whatever your reason is for changing wallplate covers, you probably have questions about how to match or complement the switch and outlets. Here is a quick guide to help you cover the basics:
- Check to make sure you’re buying the right configuration to match the color.
- Decide if you want your switches and outlets to match the wallplate or complement it. Many switches are white, so if you don’t want to change the switch, consider a cream, grey, or silver-toned wallplate.
- Be careful about going oversized. Buying an oversized wallplate might look great in a large room, but it looks odd on a wall in small bedrooms. Oversized works well when it matches the switch or outlet color.
- Choose between screw and screwless wallplates. If you’re going for a sleek, contemporary look, screwless is a great choice.
- Sometimes colors look different online than in person. If purchasing wallplates online, make sure you know the return policy.
When you’re ready to start looking for new wallplate covers, check out the huge selection of wallplate covers online at the Wallplate Warehouse. We have hundreds of options in all types of data, toggle, GFCI, and other switch and outlet configurations. Additionally, we have 1 and 2 blank wallplate configurations, perfect for covering up those old phone switch outlets that most people don’t use anymore. At Wallplate Warehouse, our online store lets you browse at your leisure and our positive, verified reviews let you shop with confidence. To browse our selection of ceramic, chrome, old world, wood, and even clear wallplate, visit us online at https://www.wallplatewarehouse.com.